Medicare Open Enrollment October 15th thru December 7th. Contact us with questions!


Your Options for Medicare Insurance

At Age 65

What do you do when you turn 65 and have to make a decision of which product you sign up for?  We offer a 1 hour in your home or in our office meeting to go over all of your Medicare options. We do not push or sway you to make a decision and we will never offer to sign you up until you are sure of what you want to do. We have over 1000 Medicare clients in the Upstate and you probably know at least one of them. We will help anyone within the state of South Carolina. We can offer Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplements, Medicare Drug Plans and Copay assistance indemnity plans. We have contracts with all of the main stream Medicare Providers and we offer to or clients annual group meetings in October to address any changes in the plans so you have plenty of time to make changes for the next year if you decide to.  Call us now to set up an appointment to get your coverage started.

image1

Medicare

Medicare is not easy to understand. Where do you turn for answers?

When it comes to getting your answers about your Medicare options, We are happy to set up a time to show you what your options are. We can meet in your home at your kitchen table, or in our office at a desk. Here are some of the things you should consider:


Medicare is offered to those who have worked 10 years and paid 40 quarters into the Social Security system. You will either qualify for Medicare by turning 65 (aging in) or by being on Disability for 25 months or longer. Once you qualify for Medicare you will receive Part A (Hospital)  as an entitlement. Part A will pay for :


Hospital minus Deductible

Skilled Nursing following a hospital stay minus deductibles

Home Health Care

Hospice


Once you are eligible for Part A, Medicare will allow you to purchase Part B (Medical) As of January 2019 Part B cost $135.50 which is 25% of the cost. The Federal Government pays the other 75% each month. Part B will pay 80% after you meet an annual deductible of $183. 


Part A and Part B DO NOT covers Prescription charges, so if you desire that coverage you will need to purchase a Part D Prescription Plan when you are eligible. 


Many folks also purchase a Medicare Supplement plan to cover the deductibles and copays that Medicare does not cover. In South Carolina the minimum age to qualify for a Medicare Supplement is 65. At age 65 you have a guaranteed acceptance into a Medicare Supplement for 6 months. After that time period you will go through underwriting and can be turned down. You can also have a guaranteed acceptance if you are employed,  over 65, and leaving group coverage. However, you are not allowed to choose Plan F, which is the most comprehensive plan. Plan F will be restricted by Medicare in 2020 for those that turn 65 after January 1, 2020. After that date, only those who have turned 65 prior to January 1, 2020 can have a Plan F issued. 


If you have Part A & Part B, you can choose a Medicare Advantage plan regardless of your age. You have the option to choose a HMO, PPO or PFFS plan which is a plan that includes all of the Part A and Part B benefits as well as Part D Benefits in most. Advantage Plans also include several other benefits that you do not get with Original Medicare. There are also SNP  plans for those who are Dual Eligible with both  Medicare and Medicaid. In some counties, there is also a SNP plan for those with heart and diabetic conditions. All SNP plans can be written all year long in eligible counties. For those who do not have eligibility for the SNP the annual Election Period is October 15th through December 7th for a Jan 1st effective date. 



image2